What boat really owns the record for going around Jamestown the fastest? With the circumnavigation of Conanicut Island (aka Jamestown) being such a popular sailing course, the outright The Around Jamestown Record was established. The record will reflect seasonal champions as well as the all-time record holders in four different classes. It is an open event for sailboats aimed to determine, an all out, official Around Jamestown Record!
How The Record Works:
- Records will be recognized in the following categories:1) Outright Keelboat record.
2) Outright Multihull record
3) All sailing craft 32 feet and smaller.
Note: LOA is a yacht’s “Length Overall” measurement not including pulpits, bowsprits, boomkins, etc.
- Competitors can choose a time that gives them the best weather window to break the record (For 2013, Competitors have between May 27 and October 31 to choose their window)
- The boat with the best time in each class at the end of the season will be the record holder
- If that time is not bested in subsequent years the boat remains the outright “Around Jamestown Record” holder
- Entrants must notify the Race Committee by 5pm the preceding day of a record attempt
- Boats can sail around Jamestown in the direction of their choosing
- A prize-giving party will be held at the end of every season to award trophies